Building Bridges 2018
Wednesdays at the Reg Byrne Centre in Wentworthville, 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
17th Oct, 24th Oct, 31rd Oct and 7th Nov
Who are we?
- Residents of Western Sydney from diverse backgrounds-Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal
- Volunteers with a range of skills and occupations and a desire to work together to make a difference
- Citizens aiming to eliminate disadvantage and injustice
What does Reconciliation mean?
- Encouraging the wider community to build good relations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Acknowledging hurt and injustice while supporting healing and equity
- Learning from one another and working together for a better community
What do we do?
- Communicate with residents as well as local, regional and national bodies to keep Reconciliation on the agenda and facilitate change
- Promote and organise educational and cultural activities and projects
- Share stories and lively discussions with guest speakers at our monthly meetings
- Co-operate with related organisations for festivals, forums and stalls
- Distribute information that is accurate and relevant about the situation and concerns of Aboriginal people past and present
- Participate in local councils‛ advisory committees and working parties
- Make submissions to public and private bodies in support
Reconciliation means understanding
Reconciliation means awareness
Reconciliation means compassion
You say you want reconciliation but do you understand what it will take?