Thank you for attending
Free online events every Wednesday from 7 October to 11 November 2020
Recordings of the sessions can be found here.
16 December 2020
6:30pm to 8pm
“Sovereignty and self-determination – The core of Human Rights”
(organized by Stop the Intervention Collective Sydney)
8pm to 9pm
Annual General Meeting
Join the Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 833 2404 4199
Who are we?
- Residents of Western Sydney from diverse backgrounds-Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal
- Volunteers with a range of skills and occupations and a desire to work together to make a difference
- Citizens aiming to eliminate disadvantage and injustice
What does Reconciliation mean?
- Encouraging the wider community to build good relations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Acknowledging hurt and injustice while supporting healing and equity
- Learning from one another and working together for a better community
What do we do?
- Communicate with residents as well as local, regional and national bodies to keep Reconciliation on the agenda and facilitate change
- Promote and organise educational and cultural activities and projects
- Share stories and lively discussions with guest speakers at our monthly meetings
- Co-operate with related organisations for festivals, forums and stalls
- Distribute information that is accurate and relevant about the situation and concerns of Aboriginal people past and present
- Participate in local councils‛ advisory committees and working parties
- Make submissions to public and private bodies in support
Reconciliation means understanding
Reconciliation means awareness
Reconciliation means compassion
You say you want reconciliation but do you understand what it will take?